Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
Having a management system in place is the most effective way to control your health and safety risks. Most companies will have some sort of management system in place that can be developed to ensure continual improvement in health and safety performance. The management system approaches used for health and safety follow the same general processes that other business management systems follow such as ISO 9001.
A good management systems allows companies to continually improve health and safety performance by:
- methodically analysing hazards generated by their business activities,
- setting realistic objectives to enhance health and safety,
- consistently applying risk assessments techniques,
- investigating near misses and accidents,
- training staff about how to control risks that may affect them at work
- checking that procedures are followed and are effective in controlling hazards,
- demonstrating management commitment through actions and policies,
- reviewing health and safety performance and identifying opportunities for improvements
Inertia Safety can help businesses with any aspect of occupational health and safety management systems. Our service include:
- undertaking initial status reviews - examining the current state of your existing management system
- policy statement development
- system implementation to a recognised standard or guideline e.g. HSG 65, OHSAS 18001 or ILO OSH
- hazard identification
- risk assessment
- facilitating management reviews.
CONTACT US to find out more about how Inertia Safety can help to improve your company's health and safety performance.
To find out more about occupational management systems - CLICK HERE.